Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Entropy Schmentropy

I have made great strides this week.  Some of those strides have been backwards and sideways, but still...great strides.  I have done a lot of cleaning and organizing.  Much needed, I must say.  Among the many things I have tackled is the glass (or lack of) in the windows.  Many windows have glass that is broken or cracked.  While working to prep one of them, I took off the thin plywood that covered the hole where the glass should be.  When I did, the whole window fell to pieces.  Even the base plate under the window was rotted.  I now have to rebuild this window.  I suspect that there are others in a similar condition (two of which I already know).  This will slow down the overall process of sealing the building against the cold wind.  Damn.

Speaking of cold, I am doing something I shouldn't.  I bought a kerosene heater... the "jet" type.  Makes a lot of noise, but puts out a lot of heat.  Thing is, it's supposed to only be used in "a well ventilated place" like outside.  I'm using it in the great hall.  Have to remember to ventilate now an again.  But boy does it keep the work space warm and dry.

I did finish hanging the door I wrote of, and put in the mortised door latch and lock.  Looks good.  Tomorrow I must finish re-building the windows and try to cut the glass to re-glaze them, otherwise I'll have to hire the work done.  I can't afford that.  More pictures coming tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment