Friday, January 13, 2012

To the top of the wall...





Okay. In the last post that survived hacking I complemented the brick crew for their work...that still stands, with an exception. When the top of the wall was completely done, it was finished extremely wrong! I had drawn a diagram of what I wanted and described it. That's not what happened. I had wanted a ledge on the inside, one layer of bricks deep. What I got was a sloped edge on the outside filled in with mortar at a 45 degree angle. Aaarrrggghhhh! Changes my whole design for the roof. Too late now. Just deal with it.

I have built scaffolding out of 2x4s to build the roof on the back section as renting scaffolding is really expensive. I'll be able to recycle the 2x4s easily.

I have bolted plates onto the top of the back wall with epoxy adhesive anchoring them. Same will be true for the register plates on the main wall at the top of the joists. Progress is being made.

You can also see that I've finished the fabrication on the security cages for the alleyway windows. More after this weekend is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment